I’ve got only a handful of things remaining to finish before XMICAE is ready for a test release. Some of these might not even make it in to the first testing, depending on how ready I am when June 7th rolls around. I’d hoped to make the June 7th release be a public test, but it’ll probably be 0.0.0 in my version system and include a without-warranty source release under Apache 2.0. I should be able to start a private test this weekend, and release 1.0.0 as well as open it up for public testing some time the week afterward. Here’s the stuff I have left to do:
- Some UI sidebar stuff
- Removing old test files
- Adding in rolls
- Finish switching over to prepared statements.
I haven’t been particularly productive recently, in part because I’ve been traveling, which has both the added busy factor of spending a lot of time in transit and away from my computer but also the fact that I am now in California, where more stuff that I am allergic to grows. Fortunately, I am surviving, but I’ve been somewhat unproductive.
I’ve been almost crushed by the sheer volume of school work I’ve had to do in the past few days, coupled with a couple additional other minor things for school it’s really added up. Fortunately, I’ve still been able to work a little on my project, though mostly not on the XMICYOA side. Continue reading
I wasn’t able to do anything with this blog all last week because I was so busy; between school and a little bit of normal-ish-but-kinda-rare family events that I’m not going to go into a lot of detail here, I didn’t have as much free time to work on things as I would have desired. Fortunately, I still made a little progress.
XMICYOA now has a system in place to determine if an action has tokens, states, or stokens associated with it and can appropriately set those tokens and states. Right now there’s nothing in place to unset tokens, though this should be pretty simple to implement (literally copying and pasting the current code and changing the words where needed) and will be done pretty soon. Continue reading
I actually find myself in an awkward position because I’ve forgotten some of the progress I made on XMICYOA last week, and rather than going back to dig through to find it I’ll just touch on the highlights. Most importantly, the first requirements for objects are in, which represents a key point in the XMI parser. We also now have token, state, and “stoken” (easily wiped tokens) databases to complement all the other features. Continue reading
I’ve gotten a lot of work done on XMICYOA, but I’ve also missed a couple blog posts in the past couple weeks. Long story short, I’m planning on downshifting the blog a little; I may drop either a Monday, Thursday, or Friday post on any given week, and I may or may not make them up at my leisure. Continue reading
XMICYOA is built on the ABACUS core, but I want to provide a robust number of features for people to use in their own work, as well as allow myself a certain degree of flexibility as far as game mechanics go. As such, I’ve been hard at work creating a working dice emulator that provides meaningful and robust results without a whole lot of difficulty. I also fixed a couple bugs this week. Continue reading
Today I don’t have a lot to write about, because I’ve been working largely on the technical side of XMICYOA. I have good news, fortunately. XMICYOA can now load XML files with four distinct focuses; two header/title text elements, a main body text element, and a “link” element that makes it load up another file.
Last week school started up again, so the week’s been pretty short. In place of the usual weekly post with lots of text, I’m just going to give a bullet-point overview of the things that happened this week.
- Switched from SimpleXML to DOM for XML parsing.
- Further fleshed out the reference guide/design document for XMICYOA.
- Settled on the Apache 2.0 license for XMICYOA.
If anyone has further questions, feel free to ask them in comments or by e-mailing me (the e-mail below the ad-box is fine) and I’ll update this post/reply appropriately.