A Temporary Delay

I was going to switch over to using a new computer the other day, and nobody would have been the wiser had I not run into issues. Long story short, yesterday I had a productive coding session, until the parts for a new machine arrived in the mail. Unfortunately, the day was filled with technical difficulties with these parts (the RAM and the GPU are the only parts that didn’t cause some technical difficulties) so I spent about ten hours today having to do a variety of things to get my computer to boot—which it did for a singular session before something failed.If you’re following XMICAE out of interest in my thesis, you’ll be happy to know that I’ve been reading through some of the history sources I picked up a while back while stuff’s been installing and whatnot, since I haven’t always had a real keyboard and mouse available for my current development rig.

On a more positive note, I’ve gotten the basic parts of the roller code working, so it’s just some final technical bits and some rigorous testing before we’re ready to go out the door. We’ve got all the functions we should need written, including some extensions of our  so now the only thing that remains is to go in and actually connect all the scraps of code together and prepare the release notes/function guide. I’m putting off my computer repair attempts until tomorrow to get some more coding in, and hopefully I’ll be able to get it done tonight or by Monday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.